Online Dating Etiquette
More and more Coptic Orthodox Christians are taking advantage of the all-new Coptic Meet mobile application to discover love interests.
The Coptic Meet mobile application helps Coptic Christians to enjoy the benefits of online dating without being “unequally yoked together with unbelievers,” as we see in 2nd Corinthians 6:14.
Coptic Meet was created with the intent to sincerely help Coptic Christians find love without relegating our faith-based needs. As a Coptic Christian, online dating on the wings of technology can be quite dicey. This is why we believe that it is vital to offer you helpful tips that will aid you in soft-landing your online dating journey.
1. Be ready to start dating – In 1st Corinthians 7:7, the Apostle Paul spoke about being single as a gift. “For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God.” In this verse, he largely corroborated the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 19:12, “For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.”
The Coptic church recognizes this gift but does not force anyone to take it as a duty upon themselves. More importantly, as a Coptic Christian, you must be sure that you are ready to date.
2. Be very clear and specific – One should not step into the diverse world of online dating without having their eyes set on the specifics they want in a partner. You must always remind yourself that you are out there to find the one, not everyone. Proverbs 17:22 says, “A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.” In line with this, you must be clear about yourself in your profile by stating who you are, and the kind of person you are looking to meet in clear language.
3. Don’t rush things – Ecclesiastes 7:8 says, “The end of a thing is better than its beginnings; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.” Following this admonition, you must focus your efforts on building trust and rapport with your prospective dates. Take the time to understand their intentions before you begin to open up to them. Look out for signs, and ensure that there is balance in your communication with them.
4. Don’t feel pressured to concede to any date – There are no hard and fast rules about dating online. If your prospective partner does not meet your expectations, you are at liberty to either accept or decline their offer for a date. James 1: 4 says, “But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”
5. Do not lose yourself – Anything you wouldn’t accept in physical contexts; you shouldn’t agree to it online with a prospective date. You need to keep your life going and then gradually warm up to the new experience that you are getting from your potential partner. Ephesians 5:29 syays, “For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.”
6. Enjoy the experience – The thrills and frills you will get from meeting new people online are amazing. You need to settle in the right frame of mind when interacting with people by preparing yourself to be the kind of person that you are looking for. As it says in Ecclesiastes 2:24, Nothing is better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and that his soul should enjoy good in his labor. This also, I saw, was from the hand of God.”
7. Communicate openly and honestly – The impression you create in the mind of your prospective dates is of significance. You should be in your natural elements, and the best way to do this is to communicate with your potential date openly. Ephesians 4:29 admonishes – “Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.”
8. Pray – 1 John 5:14 says, “we have confidence in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” God knows all things from the beginning of time, so what you need to do most especially is to seek reassurance from God. God will reveal the truth to you about any of your prospective dates. God still speaks, and He knows the intent of every soul. When you ask God, you can rest assured that He will lead you aright.
These are a few crucial tips that will significantly improve your online dating experience. On Coptic Meet, many promising Coptic Christian singles are looking for a life partner. As you begin to interact with other Coptic Christian singles like you on Coptic Meet, make sure to use these tips effectively.